Chronic Back Pain Treatment
How can back pain be diagnosed and treated with medications & therapies?
How to diagnose chronic back pain?
X rays and MRI
- The x-rays only reflect the images regarding Bone alignment. It is checked whether the patient is not afflicted with arthritis or broken bones.
- MRI is used to take into account the images of the following:
- Blood Vessels
Let’s throw some light on the treatment options
What is in your hands?
- First and foremost, for patients with back pain, it’s not all suggested to take bed rest. You should carry on doing the physical activities. But make sure you are not performing the ones which can aggravate the pain in the back.
- You should take care of your eating habits. Eating habits have more to do with the pain back.
- In case you’re experiencing pain, you should take a light dose of a pain reliever and make use of the water bags or heat in any form to do away with the pain. It is not recommended to lay on the bed or become a couch-potato in that case.
Which medications can be proved helpful in chronic back pain?
One should consume Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for chronic back pain which are listed below:
- Ibuprofen like:
- Naproxen Sodium like:
Topical Pain Relievers
You will be prescribed to make use of the topical pain relievers as follow:
Variegated antidepressants — specifically
- Duloxetine (Cymbalta)
- Tricyclic such as:
Are also used to do away with back pain.
How can physical therapies be used to get rid of the pain in this regard?
A physical therapist can help you with the following:
- Increase your flexibility
- Back strengthening
- Strengthening of abdominal muscles
- Improvement in the postures