Robot Assisted Knee & Joint Replacement Surgery
Dr. Balwant Singh Hunjan is the one who brought the 1st True robot in North India for benefiting patient’s health and offering the ultimate comfort throughout the surgery. In his 38 years of experience he has been committed to provide quality treatment with no pain and better results.
To create awareness and help knee pain patients, our experienced orthopedic surgeons have generously shed light on what are the top things you need to know about robotic knee replacement surgery and its difference with conventional knee replacement.
What is robotic knee replacement?
- Inner Knee Compartments
- Outer knee Compartments
- Top Knee compartments
Who is the suitable candidate for robotic knee replacement?
- Physical Therapy
- Knee braces
- Cortisone shots
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Weight loss through exercise and diet
So, does it mean robots can now do the surgery?
What is Robotic Knee Surgery?
Dr. Balwant Singh Hunjan and his fellow doctors always ensure to clear this doubt, the patients have. It is a surgical procedure that allows the surgeon to use a computed tomography scan or 3D model for guidance to perform a better course of action. The robot conducts the operation but is commanded by the ortho surgeon all the time and it is like a helping hand to improve the surgical accuracy. With the robotic arm surgery the following range of task are performed:
- Prepare the bone
- Introducing the implant
- Balance the implant
- Check for the right fit
Benefits of Robotic Knee Replacement
MAKO Assisted Robotic Technology has been widely welcomed and it has a higher satisfaction rate. Let’s talk you through the key benefits of robotic knee replacement surgery:
- Economical Long-Term Costs: Patients who undergo robotic knee replacement surgery have fewer complications which means it allows the patient to return to the hospital on time. The recovery is quick and the appointments to the hospital are fewer. If we consider this in the long term then surgery will be economical for you.
- Reduced Incision: With RKR, the incision is only 3 inches long which leads to less blood loss and scarring.
- Increased Accuracy: Through RKR, the surgeon is allowed to accurately remove the diseased part of the knee and position it with a new implant that offers better knee functioning.
- Successful results: There is no other treatment that has worked wonders like robotic-assisted knee surgery. Its results are 10 times superior as compared to conventional surgery.
- Minimal downtime: This surgery offers minimal downtime and mostly the patients start to even within 24 hours.
- Organic results: Here what we mean is natural results. The robotic machine holograms are designed to produce the implant which is the same as that of the knee.
In all, the procedure is safe, no risk of blood loss, tissue damage, or severe complications and provides the best results to the patients. So, if your knee pain is in excess, undergo this surgical approach to live your life like normal.
Robotic Surgery Features
- 3D models accurately orient, align, and implant.
- Provide real time intraoperative adjustments for correct placement and ensuring the soft-tissue balance.
- Minimally invasive treatment allows faster recovery.
Difference: Robotic-assisted and Conventional Knee Replacement
|Key points||Robotic-assisted Knee Replacement||Conventional Knee Replacement|
|Treatment||Innovative approach in the field of medical science.||The traditional method to carry out knee surgery.|
|Precision||The surgeon gets better precision to conduct the knee resurfacing.||The knee resurfacing is done by the surgeon.|
|Joint view||Surgeons have a better view of the knee anatomy with the use of 3D models for guidance.||Surgeons have limited joint view which makes it a demanding procedure.|
|Incision||Maximum 3 inches long||8 to 10 inches long.|
|Nearby tissues||Nearby tissues and knee areas are not impacted.||Increase the risk of affecting the nearby knee area and tissues.|
|Total Time||Takes time to do the surgery, but improves the success rate and outcomes.||Takes a long time to perform.|
|Outcomes||10 times more successful than conventional surgery||Provides results but takes a lot of time.|
|Recovery||2 to 3 weeks||8 Weeks|
Make Yourself Aware Before The Surgery
Discover what our patient has to say about his experience of undergoing Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery by Dr. Balwant Singh Hunjan at Hunjan super-specialty hospital.