Everything you need to know about getting Arthritis treatment in Punjab
How Is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Arthritis Treatment In Ludhiana, Punjab, During the physical examination, the medical practitioner will check the joints for redness, swelling, and warmth. The doctor will check whether you can move the joints or not. Depending on the type of arthritis is expected the doctor is going to perform certain tests. At Hunjan hospital, here is the breakdown of different diagnoses done for Arthritis Treatment in Ludhiana.
With laboratory tests, different body parts are checked to understand what type of arthritis you have. Your urine, joint fluid, and blood are checked. To get the joint fluid, the doctor will cleanse and numb the area before the needle is inserted in the joint and fluid is taken out.
Imaging tests help in detecting the issue present inside the joint which is causing the symptoms. Some of the possible imaging tests are:
- Computerized scan (CT scan): CT scan will take X-ray from different body parts and then create a cross-sectional view. It will help in checking the bone and the nearby tissues.
- X-ray: X-ray uses the radiation at a low level which allows the bone to be seen. It helps in checking the bone damage, bone spurs, and cartilage loss. Additionally, it checks the disease progression.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance imaging): Magnetic fields and radio waves are combined which forms the MRI. It results in cross-sectional images of the tendons, ligaments, and cartilage.
- Ultrasound: During the ultrasound, the high-frequency waves are used to see the area near the joints like cartilage, soft tissues, and fluid present in it.
What Are The Possible Treatment Options?
The main aim of the treatment is to allow you to get relief from the symptoms and joint functioning is improved. You need to try a combinational treatment to see which one will work the best for you.
The doctor will suggest you the medications to treat arthritis. The type of medication you will get will depend on what type of arthritis you are diagnosed with. Your medical expert will go through the symptoms and let you know which medicine is best for your condition.
Arthritis patients can be benefited from physical therapy. Patients should follow an exercise regime as suggested by their doctor. Within a given period, they will notice an improvement in increasing muscle strength and movement is improved. For some patients, braces and splints are the preferred choices.
If the first-line of treatment does not help, then the doctor will suggest you the surgical option like::
- Joint fusion
- Joint repair
- Joint replacement
Lifestyle And Home Remedies
In many cases, the symptoms can be reduced with the following measures:
- Exercise: You need to ensure that you exercise daily as it helps to keep the joints flexible. You need to do aerobics and swimming as these are the best choice for reducing pressure from the weight-bearing joints.
- Weight loss: If you are overweight then you need to lose weight. By doing so, it will reduce mobility, and the chances of joint injury are reduced.
- Heat and cold: You should use the ice pack or heating pad as they help in taking away the arthritis pain.
- Assistive devices: You should use the walkers, shoe inserts, canes, raised toilet seats, and other supportive devices. By doing so, it will protect the joint and help you perform your daily task with ease.
What Do You Need To Do?
Before the initial consultation, you need to make the list which includes:
- Mention all your symptoms, so that you do not forget anything.
- List of all the health issues you have faced in the past.
- List of all the medical issues, your parents or siblings have.
- Questions or doubts you need to ask the doctor.
- List of all the dietary supplements and medications you take