What Is Arthroscopy?
The surgeon will correct the joint damage with arthroscopy and the instrument inserted is thin like a pencil. At Hunjan hospital, with the Arthroscopy Surgery in Ludhiana, India the patient gets utmost relief as the surgery is highly advanced. Our surgeon will provide you with Low-Cost Arthroscopy Surgery in Punjab.
Why is it done?
What Are The Different Types Of Diagnostic Procedures?
- Loose bone fragments
- Damaged or torn cartilage
- Scarring within joints
- Inflamed joint linings
- Torn ligaments
What Are The Risks Involved With Arthroscopy?
- Infection: Undergoing any type of invasive surgery is known to have an occurrence of infection.
- Nerve or tissue damage: The movement and placement of the instruments which are in between the joints will affect the joint structure.
- Blood clots: If the procedure lasts for a long time, then it is known for having an increased risk of a blood clot in the legs or lungs.
How To Prepare For Surgery?
- Stop the Consumption of Certain Medications: Your doctor may ask you to stop taking certain medications or supplements as they are linked to an increased risk of bleeding.
- Fast Before the Surgery: Your surgeon will let you know which anesthesia needs to be used. Accordingly, you will be told whether you need to fast 8 hours before the treatment.
- Opt for Comfortable Clothes: Make sure that you wear loose and comfortable clothes. You should wear gym shorts or pajamas. It allows you to dress comfortably for the treatment.
What Happens During The Procedure?
There are three types of anesthesia, and you will be given depending on which procedure is selected:
- Local anesthesia
- Regional anesthesia
- General anesthesia
You might need to lay on the side or back. The tourniquet will reduce blood loss and increase joint visibility. For the viewing device, the incision is made and some additional incisions allow the surgeon to put the surgical tools to repair the damaged joint.
What To Expect?
The experience will be different depending on which procedure you are getting and which part needs to be treated. Some of the things which need to be done are:
- You will be injected with a mild sedative and intravenous catheter put in your forearm or hand.
- Make sure to take all your jewelry and street clothes before the surgery.
- Wear your comfortable clothes.