Most of the time, joint surgeries are deemed a safe and effective treatment. This procedure helps the patient overcome severe cases of arthritis in the major joints.
If chronic pain is disrupting you, and you have tried many treatments without success, then there is a good chance that you might be wondering whether or not joint replacement surgery is for you.
For most patients in the Ortho centre in Ludhiana, the idea of undergoing joint replacement can be intimidating, to put it mildly. People are overwhelmed with the prospect of experiencing any kind of surgery. But it is a far better option than living with joint pain throughout life.
Joint Replacement Surgery in Ludhiana is becoming very common with time because of its effective, safe, and fairly routine treatment for specific cases of serious arthritis.
Things You Should Know About Joint Replacement
Before you decide whether or not you require a joint replacement, it is necessary to learn what exactly prevails in this procedure.
- The surgeons can perform as many joint replacement surgeries on many joints within the body, such as ankles, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. The most common joint replacement surgeries include hips and knees.
- The doctor removes the damaged bone and cartilage from the body. After that, they use the prosthetic pieces to reconstruct the new “joint.” The feels and the functions of this prosthesis are equivalent to the natural joint. This helps the patient to regain a better level of mobility and range of motion after healing from the treatment.
- It usually takes 3 to 4 hours for the doctor to conduct the whole joint replacement surgery. The surgeon usually performs it in the hospital or outpatient surgery center. The doctor allows them to return home the same day or the next day.
Who Is The Best Candidate For Joint Replacement Surgery?
After the orthopedic surgeon exhausted the non-surgical treatment for joint issues, they would determine that surgery might be the best bet for the patient. If the pain in the joint is not subsiding, then it will be wise to opt for joint replacement surgery as it is an effective and safe technique.
Now you must know that a recommendation for joint surgery does not always equate to joint replacement. Joint surgery will depend on the type of issue you have in your joints. Contact your doctor and ask all the required questions for better understanding, such as:
- Realign the problematic joint.
- Removal of the damaged joint lining.
Under the guidance of a skilled surgeon, you will be able to assess the type of arthritis you have, the overall physical condition, and the level of severity. Based on all those factors, the doctor would determine whether or not you would require joint replacement surgery.
Some of the patients who are indeed the best candidates for joint replacement surgery include:
- People who are in good shape and healthy apart from their arthritis.
- People who are suffering from osteoarthritis and not the inflammatory kind.
- People who complain of high levels of chronic pain.
- People who have one major problematic joint
Contact Hunjan Hospital for more details on joint replacement surgery.