Orthopedic surgery is medical surgery related to the injuries and dislocation of the bones and diseases related to joints, muscles etc. It directly deals with the musculoskeletal system of the body.To know more about the Orthopaedic Surgeon In India let’s study the general procedure of orthopedic surgery.
General Procedure for the Orthopedic surgery
The general procedure for the orthopedic surgery consists of following steps at Orthopedic Hospital in Ludhiana:
- Preoperative evaluation: Before the surgical operation , some preoperative evaluation will be done in which the patient will go through a physical examination which generally includes, review of medical history, X-rays or MRI scans etc.
- Anesthesia: On the day of the surgery the patient will be laid down to the bed comfortably and will be given Anesthesia later on, to make the surgical operation pain free for the patient.
- Incision: After anesthesia , the surgeon will make an incision to access the affected area. The size and location of the incision will be depending on the procedure of the orthopedic surgery being performed.
- Surgical Intervention: The surgical intervention generally means the necessary steps taken by the surgeon to deal with the affected area which involves realigning fractured bones, repairing fractured bones, removing damaged tissues or replacing joints with artificial implants.
- Closure: When the surgical intervention is done , the surgeon will carefully close the incision by using staples. With the help of proper dressing and bandages on the surgical site proper protection would be provided to it.
- Recovery: After the surgery is done, the patient is asked to stay in the recovery area for the observation to avoid the further complexities.
For further any concerns related to the surgical procedure you can check at Orthopedic Hospital in Ludhiana, and you can discuss it directly with your surgeon.
Risks related to the orthopedic surgery
Like any other surgical operation, the orthopedic surgery also contains certain risks as listed below:
- Infection: After the surgical operation there is risk of infection at the surgical site. Surgeons take precautions to minimize this risk, by using antibiotics and sterile techniques.
- Bleeding: Surgeries involve the procedure of incision which leads to bleeding. Although during
the procedure proper measure are taken by the surgeons to control the bleeding but sometime further measures need to be taken
- Blood clots: Surgery increases the risks of developing blood clots at the surgical site. To prevent this proper measures like blood thinning medicines or compression stockings needs to be taken.
- Anesthesia risks: Anesthesia procedure carries its own sets of risks like, allergic reactions, breathing problems etc.
- Poor wound healing: In some cases the wound healing is not quick and proper which increases the risk of further infection.
It is important to note down that no doubt orthopedic surgery may contain these certain risks but usually orthopedic surgery is safe and effective. But by getting to know about the good Orthopedic Hospital in Ludhiana you can make this procedure for yourself safe.