Hip Replacement and Knee Joint Replacement Surgery
During total joint replacement surgery, the surgeon performs an advanced and inventive approach to take out the damaged joint or arthritic joint. The experienced and board-certified Orthopaedic Surgeon In India knows the right methods and tools to be used to boost the success of the surgery. For the replacement, the surgeon uses plastic, metal, or ceramic devices named implants or prostheses. The implant or any particular device is known to work similarly to the way the joint & hip function.
Reasons that increase the chances of hip and knee joint replacement surgery
Excess pain and inflammation are the major reasons that lead to an increased risk of undergoing hip & knee joint replacement surgery. The most common situations that increase the risk of undergoing surgery are:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Although, there are many other reasons that would lead to increased risk of having joint replacement and Knee Replacement in Ludhiana like:
- Hereditary disorder
- Developmental problem
Your ortho surgeon will suggest you move towards the surgical approach when the choice of medications, therapy, and injections has stopped working. You should consult the doctor at the earliest so that the problem can be handled on time.
The procedure of the joint replacement surgery
The advanced and inventive technique used for knee and hip replacement surgery ensures utmost precision and safety on all levels. With both methods, the approach to reduce the pain is possible and boosts the success results to make the overall life easier to deal with. The approach of the surgery focuses upon:
- Reducing or eliminating pain as much as possible
- Address the knee & joint deformity
- Helps the patient to become more mobile & improves the overall quality of life
So, here’s what happens during the surgery?
Hip replacement surgery
- The ortho surgeon removes the damaged part from the hip to replace it with a metal or ceramic ball.
- The prosthesis contains special material so that it becomes much easier for the bone to grow easily.
- The plastic liner gets snapped into the metal cup and then further rotated so that the new ball can be placed at the end.
- Additionally, the choice of implant and prosthesis is based on the person’s overall condition. So the ortho surgeon selects the desired shape and size to address the problem effectively.
Knee replacement surgery
- During knee replacement surgery, the surgeon removes a precise amount of bone from the surface of the desired parts to attain the necessary results.
- Afterward, the surgeon lets it have the necessary shape so that the implant has the proper position to stay fixed in its place.
- The main goal is to ensure it has proper mobility and can give the necessary results required.
What happens after knee and hip replacement surgery?
The surgery takes around 2 to 3 hours, depending on what approach is used. The advanced and inventive methods are known to make recovery faster and ensure the downtime is less. Once you reach home, follow all the necessary doctor’s instructions like:
- Make sure to take all the necessary medications from time to time to help control the pain.
- Don’t do anything overactive otherwise; it increases pain and swelling.
- It’s normal to feel fatigued after the surgery, so it’s better to take it slow.
- You need to visit for a follow-up checkup after 2 to 3 months.
अब दर्द से राहत दिलवाने में एहम भूमिका निभाएगी रोबोटिक घुटना बदलने की सर्जरी
March 13, 2023